Saturday, April 7, 2012

Raj Palace - Calgary

124 Country Hills Landing NW 
CalgaryAB T3K5P3

Raj Palace (North West) on Urbanspoon

In a few words, delicious, fantastic service, great food. 

I would like to commend this restaurant for its excellent indian food. I was extremely impressed with the level of service and found the food great tasting and plentiful.

We had ordered the Chicken Tikka Masala, Lamb Vindaloo, Mysore Masala Dosa, Chicken Dum Biryani and Garlic Naan. What a feast.



The Chicken Tikka Masala and Lamb Vindaloo were fantastic. Both had a delicious sauce that was easily a take home item afterwards to be mixed with my own rice. They were rich in flavour and the meat was tender and full of flavour.

The Garlic Naan was the best that I've ever had. Some other places I've been to simply use garlic butter on their naan, however here there was a nice spread of finely minced garlic all over the naan. It was delicious and definitely gave me the garlic breath that I was hoping for after eating a few. It was a perfect compliment to the chicken tikka masala and the lamb vindaloo.

The Chicken Dum Biryani was excellent. It was my first time ever trying this dish and I highly recommend it. It comes out as a bowl of deliciously spiced rice and buried within it are a couple drumsticks and thighs. It was superb and the blend of spices were intoxicating.



The Mysore Masala Dosa was like a potatoe pancake. Well, at least that is how I related to it. It was delicious and piping hot when it arrived at our table. I highly recommend this dish as it too was my first time trying it and I loved it. 

The customer service was great and I could only assume that it was the owner who was serving us. Each dish was explained as it arrived and when asking for recommendations they were very knowledgeable. 



Check this place out the next time you're in the Country Hills area. They are definitely worth the stop and their prices are fair. Good job folks!

2 comments: