Saturday, February 18, 2012

lasting impressions...

Well, it is saturday. Nothing too exciting today in my life. At least, nothing that can top my last restaurant review. Been keeping pretty busy lately with work. It is becoming quite enlightening actually. I have chosen to become more involved in the company for which I work, in doing so, I'm being more and more exposed to the lives of some people and will some day be able to affect them directly.

 It kind of reminds me of the days that I used to teach kids how to fly air planes. Not only was the job exciting and the near-death experience unforgettable, but the reward of watching my student earn their wings because of my direct influence was so satisfying. I still remember the name of my flight instructor and I know that my past students still remember mine. Just thinking about is amazing. I can only hope that my career path will once again bring those sorts of feelings again so that I can feel like I have accomplished something for someone else.

 Has anyone else ever had those experiences? Have you found it again?

No comments:

Post a Comment