Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 1 in cairns...

Wow what a day so far. We landed and headed straight for pro dive to check on our diving trip only to be disappointed that the days we wanted were full... Ugh. Now I have to resched all my air fares and lose out on a day of work, I'm extremely disappointed.

Pro dive was not much help in the matter ad made it quite difficult to work things out... Nicky, the front desk girl that we talk to was super friendly, what this company misses out on is empowerment. How can you entrust loyalty of customers without empowering your employees to make the tight decision. Due to the situation, we could not use the credit that was extended to us by the company for our five on Sunday, forcing us to pay full price for the trip. This is a loss of 620 Australian dollars. I had tried to make two concessions, one was to take my credit and give the full amount as gratuity to the boat crew that would be taking me out on the dive or give me transferability. I was disappointed that they chose the later. Honestly, Nicky was good enough trying to help us that I would have tipped her the 620 dollars then let the business keep it. The business thought otherwise.

So after having it all settled, we've walked around cairns all day and are trying to figure out what to do tomorrow... Winging the next two days... Any ideas for things to do in cairns?

Here's some random photos throughout the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment